ASSIFONTE provides this information site to keep our members and other visitors informed about our activities and achievements.
ASSIFONTE collects and processes personal data in accordance with the provisions of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
Collection of personal data
By “personal data”, we mean any information regarding any identified or identifiable person.
We do not process ‘sensitive’ data such as, but not limited to, race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical convictions, your life and/or sexual orientation or your health.
We may collect or obtain Personal data about you from the following sources:
• Information you give us: we collect personal data you provide us when you contact us via email or telephone, or by receiving your business card, or subscribe to our newsletter, or register or attend one of our events. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number and any other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
• We may also collect pictures or video footage taken during events organised by or on behalf of ASSIFONTE that you have attended.
• We may collect information about you visiting our website and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies.
• We may collect or obtain personal data that you choose to make public.
Categories of personal data
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
• Personal details: given name(s) and preferred name
• Contact details: business correspondence address, telephone number and email address
• Registration and attendance records: details of events organised by or on behalf of ASSIFONTE that you have attended
• Data relating to our sites: device type; operating system; browser type; browser settings; IP address; language settings; dates and times of connecting to a Site; username; password; security login details; usage data; aggregate statistical information.
• Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms.
• Photograph and video footage: pictures or video footage taken during events organised by, or on behalf of ASSIFONTE that you have attended.
How we use your data
1. Because it serves a legitimate interest
We may use your information where there is a legitimate reason to do so. For example, we may use your information where it would help achieve our company objectives or to facilitate a benefit to you.
Our legitimate interests in processing personal data include:
to provide you information about the European food and drink industry
to communicate effectively with you via email, telephone or post, including to fulfill your requests
to invite you to events or seminars organised by, or on behalf of ASSIFONTE, that might interest you
to collect statistics about our websites’ usage and effectiveness through the use of various technologies
2. Because you provide us your consent
There are some activities where we process personal data with your consent:
When we process photographs or video footage taken during one of our events.
3. Because we have a legal obligation
Sharing your personal data
ASSIFONTE will not sell, hire out or share your personal data with any third parties.
Protect and keep your personal data
ASSIFONTE is committed to employ the appropriate technical security measures and procedures to protect your personal information and ensure that unauthorised persons do not access it.
Information storage is on secure computers in a secured information center and information is encrypted wherever possible. Our security procedures also provide that we may request proof of identification before we will release personal information to you. We undergo periodic reviews of our security policies and procedures to ensure that ASSIFONTE systems are secure and protected.
ASSIFONTE shall only store your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfill the purposes in question as described in this privacy disclaimer.
Exercising your rights
You have the following rights with regard to the personal data that we process:
• The Right to Access and Transfer Data:
You have the right to access all personal data concerning you. You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether your personal data is or is not being processed, and to be informed of the purposes for which we process it, the type of data that is processed, the persons and entities who receive the data, and how long your data is stored. You also have the right to receive a copy of the personal data that you have provided, and to send it (or ask us to send it) to another entity responsible for processing personal data.
• The Right to Correct/Delete Data – The Right to Be Forgotten
You have the right to ask for data concerning you to be corrected if you realise that it is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right to ask for your personal data to be deleted if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. If you gave us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this permission at any time.
• The Right to Limit Data Processing
You have the right to require us to limit the processing of your data: (i) when you contest the accuracy of the data; (ii) when you object to the data being deleted and demand instead that it be used in a limited fashion; or (iii) when we no longer need to process your data, but you still require it for the purposes of establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us using our contact details mentioned at the end of this policy.
The information or photographs contained in ASSIFONTE’s sites can be freely used provided that you indicate the origin of our information and refer to our (c) ASSIFONTE – All rights reserved.
The commercial use of this information and/or the photographs posted on our sites is strictly forbidden.
If you are not sure about using the contents of the ASSIFONTE site, please send your request to our address below.
ASSIFONTE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of any of our websites, with or without notice.
Contents of the website
ASSIFONTE pays a great deal of attention to the accuracy of the data published on its sites.
Should you nevertheless find any errors or incorrect information on one of our pages or if the contact details change for one of the associations or organisations listed on our site, we would be very grateful if you could inform our chief editor (by e mail or post).
This site may contain links to third party websites. ASSIFONTE assumes no responsibility for the contents of sites other than those that belong to the www.ASSIFONTE.eu domain nor can ASSIFONTE be held responsible for consequences arising from your use of these other sites.
The information posted on ASSIFONTE’s site is checked and updated on a regular basis. However, ASSIFONTE cannot be held responsible for any direct or indirect errors or possible damages which may arise from your access to, or use of, this site, or any damage or virus, which may affect your computer or other I.T. equipment. In more general terms, ASSIFONTE gives no explicit or implied guarantees regarding all or part of this site.
Avenue d’Auderghem 22-28 - 1040 Brussels
Tel : +32 2 540 50 40